So Long, My Son (地久天长) (2019) | New Releases
So Long, My Son
Director: Wang Xiaoshuai
Runtime: 185 minutes
Language: Mandarin Chinese with English subtitles
12 Oct, Saturday - 4PM
13 Oct, Sunday - 5PM
19 Oct, Saturday - 4PM
20 Oct, Sunday - 5PM
28 Oct, Monday - 4PM
In this epic saga, we witness four periods in a couple’s life as they are caught up in a society of constant change. After their son’s death, Yaoyun and Liyun are haunted by memories of a once-happy household. To make a break, they move to a city where no one knows them, forming a new family with an adopted son. But this offers no comfort: lack of fluency in the dialect isolates them; their son rejects them as “foreigners.” When he disappears one day, the couple is forced to consider returning to the site of their lost hopes. Questioning the very possibility of family amidst China’s shift towards hyper-capitalism, the film reveals deep scars lying beneath the nation’s success story.
SILVER BEAR (BEST ACTOR & BEST ACTRESS)
Berlin International Film Festival 2019
Uruguay International Film Festival 2019
- All film screenings are held at Oldham Theatre, National Archives of Singapore.
- Tickets can also be purchased at the Oldham Theatre Box Office. The box office will be open one hour before the earliest showtime of the day on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Concession tickets apply to Students (Local & Overseas), Full-time National Servicemen (NSF), and Senior Citizens (55 years old and above) only.
- Please check the film rating before purchase of tickets. Please note that you may be asked to present your ID at the door (this applies to concession tickets as well).
GRAB A CUPPA WITH MUSKETEERS COFFEE ON WEEKENDS
Musketeers Coffee is co-founded by 2 individuals who are passionate about Speciality Coffee. With a vast amount of experience as well as a drive to bring good coffee to people, Musketeers wants to deliver the best cuppa right at your doorstep.
Come find us before screenings at Oldham Theatre on weekends to know more about us!
Ticketholders are entitled to 10% discount for coffee/chocolate drinks. Please present ticket for screening of the day to redeem the discount. Kindly consume drinks before entering the theatre as no food and drink is allowed.
Featuring critically-acclaimed films and festival favourites, New Releases is dedicated to screening the best and most promising of contemporary Asian cinema.
- The event description was updated. Diff#475451 2019-09-23 13:50:25
[ Sat ] - [ Mon ]
4:00 PM - 8:00 PM SGT
[General] So Long, My Son - 12 October, 4pm SOLD OUT $10.00 [Concession] So Long, My Son - 12 October, 4pm SOLD OUT $9.00 [General] So Long, My Son - 13 October, 5pm SOLD OUT $10.00 [Concession] So Long, My Son - 13 October, 5pm SOLD OUT $9.00 [General] So Long, My Son - 19 October, 4pm SOLD OUT $10.00 [Concession] So Long, My Son - 19 October, 4pm SOLD OUT $9.00 [General] So Long, My Son - 20 October, 5pm SOLD OUT $10.00 [Concession] So Long, My Son - 20 October, 5pm SOLD OUT $9.00 [General] So Long, My Son - 28 October, 4pm SOLD OUT $10.00 [Concession] So Long, My Son - 28 October, 4pm SOLD OUT $9.00
- Venue Address
- 1 Canning Rise Singapore
Asian Film Archive3,513 Followers